- Acribond Tapes
- Carton Sealing Machines
- Cloth Tapes
- Double Sided Foam Tapes
- Double Sided Tapes
- 141 Double Sided Cloth Tape
- 142 Double Sided Cloth Tape
- 165 Double Sided Polyester Tape
- 175 Double Sided Polypropylene Tape
- 183 Double Sided Butyl Tape
- 185 Double Sided Tissue Tape
- 190 Double Sided Premium Tissue Tape
- 191 Double Sided Tissue Tape
- 192 Double Sided Acid Free Tissue Tape
- 195 Double Sided Differential Adhesive Tape
- 199 Adhesive Transfer Tape
- 456 Adhesive Transfer Tape
- 458 Reverse Wound Acid Free Tissue Tape
- 459 Reverse Wound Tissue Tape
- Eco Friendly Tape Products
- Electrical Insulation Tapes
- Felt Tapes and Dots
- Foam Sealing Tapes
- Glazing Tapes
- Hang Tabs
- Hook and Loop
- Masking Tapes
- 106 Cloth Masking Tape
- 1210 Utility Grade Masking Tape
- 1220 General Purpose Masking Tape
- 1230 Automotive Masking Tape
- 1240 Automotive Masking Tape
- 1250 High Performance Masking Tape
- 1260 Painter's 7 Day Paper Masking Tape
- 1265 Painter's 14 Day Masking Tape
- 1270 Painter's 28 Day Paper Masking Tape
- 1280 Frog Tape Multi-Surface Paper Masking Tape
- 1290 Frog Tape Delicate Surface Paper Masking Tape
- 1700 Fineline Masking Tape
- 22 Polyimide Film Masking Tape
- 550 PVC Film Tape
- 592 Polyester Film Masking Tape
- New Products
- Packaging Tapes
- 155 Stationery Tapes
- 235 Biodegradable Packaging Tape
- 330 Acrylic Packaging Tape.
- 430 Hotmelt Packaging Tape
- 530 Polypropylene Packaging Tape
- 550 PVC Packaging Tape
- 551 Fragile Warning Tape
- 630 Premium Polypropylene Packaging Tape
- 635 Premium Polypropylene Packaging Tape
- 740 Coloured Polypropylene Packaging Tape
- Machine Rolls
- Paper Tapes
- Safety Tapes
- Specialty Tapes
- House Wrap Tape
- Joist Protection Tape
- All Weather Tape
- Aluminium Foil Tapes
- Clear Dots
- Flashing Tapes
- Glue Dots
- Heat Sealer – Teflon Coated Tape
- Joining Tapes
- Magnetic Tape
- Protection Tape
- Splicing Tape
- UHMW – Slick Surface Tape
- Strapping and Filament Tape
- 235 Biodegradable Packaging Tape 48mm x 50m Eco Friendly Distributor login required
235 Eco friendly Packaging Tape
Ideal for food and beverage industries, and for general packaging.
Used for carton sealing, packaging and wrapping.
Suitable for hand, desk and bench dispensers.
Biodegradable backing film.
Suitable for direct contact on food.
Will decompose in ordinary landfill.
Organic acrylic adhesive.
The process of the 235 Bio tape biodegradation is completely biological.
Standard polypropylene packaging tapes will take in excess of 100 years to completely break down.
The 235 Bio tape achieves 73% biodegradation in 2 years, and has been verified according to ASTM D5511.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q1. What are the exact requirements and time-frames for biodegradability?
A: Depending on the landfill conditions, the biodegradation can work in both aerobic and anaerobic environments with the presence of microbes. We simulated landfills in labs, compared to normal plastic degradation time which takes >100 years, 235 Bio tape has accelerated biodegradation which completely degrades in 3 – 5 years depending on the moisture, water and microbe levels.
Q2. How do I know if 235 Bio Tape is not Oxo-biodegradable plastic?
A: Oxo-degradable plastics would break down easily under sun and air exposure and fragment into small pieces. We have proven by putting a roll under sunlight / exposed to air and no matter how long you leave it, you can still pull out the tape without tearing, it does not fragment into small pieces.
It also proves that 235 Bio Tape is shelf stable, that it is durable during/before use. It will only biodegrade after disposal.
Q3. How safe is 235 Bio Tape adhesive for the environment?
A: The adhesive is 100% water based eco-friendly adhesive, REACH, RoHS compliant and even FDA certified.
The adhesives are non toxic to humans nor to theenvironment with the chemicals we use.
Q4: What does the product break down to when it eventually does break down? Is it non-toxic when biodegradation is complete?
A: The product breaks down entirely into organic materials, that’s essentially biomass and methane.
Not only that it breaks down to non reactive biomass, it is also a total biodegradation through “Biological” rather than “Chemical” reaction -This is why no microplastics were produced because the degrading plastics were broken down by hydrolysis under heat and enzymatic reaction as food for microorganisms.
Q5: Isn’t the byproduct Methane a type of Greenhouse gas that’s bad for the environment?
A: Methane is essentially produced in ALL landfills. Today, methane can be harvested to power electricity for cities or for the landfill company’s own use. Instead of using fossil fuel, this too is a kind of green energy.
Q6. Are you calling this a biodegradable tape? Some understanding of biodegradable is that at least 90% of biodegradation needs to be reached in the first 6 months.
A: This understanding of biodegradation is referring to a standard EN 13432 in composting facility.
The majority of waste is not recycled and often goes to landfill in many countries today. Our 235 Bio tape is made for this reason and has tested positive to biodegradation in landfill conditions.
Q7. What is the 235 Bio tape’s film made of? What is the difference of 235 Bio tape versus PLA products that is made from renewable material or food by-products like corn, sugar, mycelium etc.
A. 235 Bio Tapes are made from modified plastic polymer with biodegradable additives.
Without changing much of a consumer’s behavior, 235 Bio tapes are able to disposed of in recycling bins and landfills to be broken down by microbes.
Starch/corn based products are in the category of PLA based products. Costs 5x more than regular plastic and unable to be recycled under mainstream regular plastic. Our 235 Bio tape does not cost more than 2x than regular plastic tapes, thus it is more affordable.
Not only that, PLA based products are only biodegradable in composting facilities, in moist, aerated, high temperature conditions. It is not degradable in landfills which is anaerobic and high solid wastes environment.
HOW IS 235 BIO TAPE MADE?
Polypropylene resins are mixed with biodegradable additives until it is homogenous.
The mix is then melted and stretched so that it can be extruded into thin biodegradable films.
Environmentally friendly water-based adhesive is applied to the biodegradable film.
The adhesive if free from harmful substances which may affect humans and animals, and is compliant to RoHS and REACH directives – it is even safe for direct food contact.
After the adhesive is applied, the biodegradable film is wound into jumbo rolls.
The jumbo roll is then cut into smaller rolls wound onto 100% recycled paper cores.
The biodegradable tapes are then packed into cartons for delivery.